Tuesday, November 13

Glitter Peter Pan Collared Tee

The other while browsing some children's clothing I came upon this shirt from JCrew and I thought it was so cute.  


I knew it would be easy to recreate using glitter instead of sequins, so I went to work and made this.


Here's how I did it.  I purchased a plain $4 tee.  It had a pocket, which I carefully removed.  You can see the outline of it here, but when you wash it it will disappear.


I laid some paper over the shirt and sketched a collar.  I cut it and adjusted it until it fit correctly.  I also took the paper and folded it in half to make sure my drawing was symmetrical.


Then I traced my collar onto my Tulip Glitter Transfer Sheets.


I double-checked the fit....


...and then peeled off the top layer.


I set a sheet over the collar and then ironed it on place.


And that was it.  I like $4 a lot more than $42.


Dress it up or down.  I think it would be cute to sew on a couple of little buttons along the middle strip.



2 comments:

Margot Potter said...

So cute! Love this!

Cheers,
Madge

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close